As a current sport pilot the following is your checklist:
A valid pilot certificate (with As a current sport pilot the following is your checklist:
- A valid pilot certificate (with Powered Parachute endorsements).
- To comply with the medical requirements of a sport pilot (valid drivers license OK).
- A current flight review (recorded in logbook).
- Operate within the privileges and limitations of the sport pilot certificate 61.315.
- Operate within the category/class ratings (Powered Parachute ) on your pilot certificate and/or endorsements
- If you have a private, commercial, or ATP certificate, and you do not have a FAA third class medical, you may take your flight review in any aircraft authorized by your pilot certificate, assuming the CFI is pilot in command.
When you fly a powered parachute (PPC) light-sport aircraft (LSA) as a sport pilot, you must operate within the following guidelines of the sport pilot certificate:
- Operate as pilot in command of a sport pilot eligible aircraft
- Fly solo or with one passenger.
- Share operating expenses (fuel, oil, airport expenses, and aircraft rental) with another person.
- Fly during the daytime using visual flight rules (VFR). Three statute miles visibility and visual contact with the ground are required.
- Cross-country flying anywhere in the U.S.
- Fly up to 10,000 feet above mean sea level (MSL).
- Fly in Class E and G airspace (and B, C, and D airspace with appropriate training).
- Fly production (standard airworthiness certificate) and experimental amateur-built aircraft that meet the definition of a light-sport aircraft.
- Rent a special light-sport aircraft (S-LSA).
- You’re prohibited from flying in Class A airspace.
- You’re prohibited from flying in Class B, C, or D airspace until you receive training and a logbook endorsement from an instructor.
- No flights outside the U.S. without prior permission from the foreign aviation authority.
- You may not tow any object.
- No flights while carrying a passenger or property for compensation, hire or furtherance of a business.