The Hamilton Pilot Training System (HPTS) is for sport pilot students learning to fly powered parachute light-sport aircraft (LSA).
Learn to fly
This is a comprehensive “learn to fly” safely not just a get through the FAA tests…it contains:
- Pilot Training Kit – DVDs to educate and entertain you and training materials that help you efficiently and effectively learn how to fly a LSA powered parachute.
- Test Prep Kit – Materials help you efficiently prepare to pass your FAA Sport Pilot Knowledge (written) and Practical Test/Checkride (oral & flight) exams.
Flight and ground training
The HPTS, is a flight and ground training system you can use a self directed ground school and what your Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) or Certified Flight Instructor – Sport (CFIS) will use to teach you to fly light sport PPC’s. This can be for a sport or private pilot license (or certificate as the FAA terms it). It can be used initially as a home study course and/or used with a flight instructor from the start. It is designed to be used before you see an instructor and also to be used by an instructor during the ground and flight training.
Different from other training courses
This system was developed by the Sport Pilot industry leader, Paul Hamilton, CFI (FAA Certified Flight Instructor) and DPE (FAA Designated Pilot Examiner) to perform checkrides for sport pilots as a SPE (Sport Pilot Examiner), as a SPIE (Sport Pilot Instructor Examiner) and a PE (Private Pilot Examiner).
The system is different from other courses because it is a comprehensive program unlike others because it covers all three types of ground school:
- Knowledge test prep for the written exam (now computerized)
- Aeronautical flight knowledge to become a safe pilot (flight knowledge)
- Checkride preparation to pass the FAA Practical test the first time
Building block approach to becoming a safe and confident pilot
The training system uses a building block approach in becoming a safe and confident pilot, while balancing the enthusiasm and passion for flight.
The self-guided home study course helps you prepare before you see an instructor so you progress quicker and more efficiently. A step-by-step process to learn all of the necessary tasks, aeronautical knowledge, and pilot skills. The system ensures that FAA regulatory requirements are met. Ace your knowledge exam. Impress the examiner during your checkride with your thorough command of the information and confident piloting skills. This is the perfect solution for you whether you are a sport pilot applicant taking flight training courses at a smaller flight school or through a freelance instructor. The system is used by the top schools and instructors.
The training system is a step-by-step standardized process that includes specific lesson plans for the sport pilot, private pilot and sport pilot certified flight instructor applicant.
Sport Pilot Applicant
- Stage 1 – First Flights – Learn to Fly
- Stage 2 – Flight Maneuvers and Aeronautical Knowledge – To Solo
- Stage 3 – Student Pilot – Regulations – To Cross Country
- Stage 4 – Sport Pilot FAA Test Preparation for Knowledge and Practical Test
- Stage 5 – Sport Pilot Additional Endorsements
Sport to Private Pilot Applicant
(applicant can go right for private pilot if desired)
- Night flight training
- Control tower operations in Class B, C and D airspace (if not obtained as sport pilot)
Sport Pilot Certified Flight Instructor Applicant
- Stage 1 – Basics of Flight Training
- Stage 2 – Student and Instructor Learning Behavior and Communication
- Stage 3 – Instructor Responsibilities
- Stage 4 – Sport Pilot CFI FAA Test Preparation for both Knowledge tests ( Fundamentals of Instruction and Flight Instructor for Category) and Practical Test/checkride (with both Oral and Flight Tests)
Purchase at Pilot-Stores.com
- SPORT PILOT STUDENT COURSE, PPC
- PRIVATE PILOT STUDENT COURSE, PPC
- SPORT PILOT CFI APPLICANT COURSE, PPC
Test Prep Kits
Purchase at Pilot-Stores.com